Monday, December 21, 2009

Florence Day 1

So I woke up this morning not hungover. We went to the train station and got on a train to Milan. It stopped in Florence though.

I'd like to take this moment to point out that Florence in Italian is Firenze. Like the fawn in Narnia, played by James McAvoy who is very cute. So this city has that going for it.

I did some Steel Mags studying but mostly slept on the train (still jet lagged. ugh.)

We got to Sexy Goat Man City and went to our hotel where they did let us check in. Yay. Then we went to go eat. We ended up at this restaurant that ended up sucking. And the service was worse. Then we wandered around for an hour trying to find the David, only to discover that the gallery is closed on Mondays. The entire city smells like cigarette smoke so I had a headache so we were going back to the hotel. We stopped for gelato. This has reinforced my belief that a frozen dairy product can make any situation take a turn for the better. At the hotel, I took a shower, slept for like 6 hours, and then woke up at like 11:30. Now it's 2:30 and here I am. I HATE YOU JET LAG!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment